Become a Senstroke Beta Tester for our Windows app

Do you want to become a privileged Senstroke Beta tester :drum: ?
Then check out our new blog post about SensorConnect, our brand new app to come :eyes: !
Feel free to contact us by private message :wink:
https://www.redison.com/become-senstroke-windows-application-beta-tester/

Voulez-vous devenir un testeur bêta exclusif :drum: ?
Alors rendez-vous sur notre nouvel article de blog à propos de SensorConnect, notre toute nouvelle application à venir :eyes: !
N’hésitez pas à nous contacter par message privé :wink:
https://www.redison.com/fr/devenez-beta-testeur-application-senstroke-windows/

Hi,

I already send you a message concerning the windows beta. Is the beta already available or is it something to come up during the next weeks? I need to know because I have tried using the sensors on several different platforms and the results are not quite satisfying.

First I tried using my android phone (Xiaomi Redmi 4x) which has quite a high latency but I kind of knew that before so I used it to connect it via USB over MIDI to my Windows PC. The latency was better then but I got a lot of dropouts concerning the drum hits. I mean if I only use one sensor the hits go through quite well, but if I use more than one sensor many hits get lost which is probably due to the processing from Bluetooth to smartphone to USB to Midi to DAW which is quite a path.

So i tried using my Iphone 7 IOS 12. Here the latency is much better and also the sensors seem more sensitive but when I use the senstroke app the sound is scattered. So I connected the sensors directly to Garageband which gave the best result so far. The sound goes through with only little latency and the sound is not scattered but still I get the problem that some hit just get lost which is very annoying.

I will try the sensors on a friends Macbook today, but it would be great if I could get the Windows Beta because I usually get the best results with Midi Audio devices on my windows PC.

Update: so now i tried the Sensors on a MacBook Pro. Latency is good yet there are still a lot of hits missing when playing three Sensors for example while playing a normal beat.

So i thought maybe my position is bad or the surfaces i used so i tried using a real drum Kit. By the way i thought about using the Sensors anyway to record Drumsessions to Midi but the Sensors dont just give drop outs while playing on a real drumkit, they also start to drift real fast.

So am i doing something wrong did i forget to configure something or is it just a limitation the sensors have.

I must say i am a little confused since everyone on the Forum seems to really enjoy the sensors while i cant even play a straight beat with them.

Any Help is appreciated.

Best regards
Sebastian

Hello @Night-Goat :slight_smile:

I already send you a message concerning the windows beta. Is the beta already available or is it something to come up during the next weeks? I need to know because I have tried using the sensors on several different platforms and the results are not quite satisfying.

The Beta will soon be available. @Antoine is actually working hard on it !
But if you really want to connect on a PC with Senstroke, it is already possible by following this small tutorial :

The sound goes through with only little latency and the sound is not scattered but still I get the problem that some hit just get lost which is very annoying.

I am sorry to learn that your Android does not have a good latency… Unfortunately, it is a problem that we cannot solve due to the performance of the phone.
I am glad to see that sensors work on iOS and MacOS, but the issue you have is strange.

Did you try to recalibrate the sensor that is not working ?
If you have identifiate the sensor that does not work well, maybe try to change its role (playing as a bass drum if you were using it with the drumsticks for example.)

let me know if you have still your sensor problem, there is no reasons that you can’t enjoy the sensors, and we will figure it out :wink: