5A sticks way too big

The included pamphlet says sticks sized 5A or 7A must be used. Mine are 5A but the sensors don’t slide more than halfway up the pointed end of the drumsticks and definitely won’t slide up the other end. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,
I don’t think you are doing something wrong. What is the brand of your drumsticks ? Are they new?
We noticed some trouble with some brands (for the 5A) specially when they new.

Thanks

Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse, you are working a long day today. They are Stagg maple series sticks and I’ve had them for about 2.5 years.

Hello.
J’ai le même souci, je viens de recevoir mes Senstroke et je dois beaucoup forcer pour les faire avancer sur mes baguettes. Je n’ai pas réussi/trop forcé de trop de peur de casser l’attache du capteur, ou de le bloquer sur ma baguette. Ça ne passera pas tel quel.
C’est du 5A Vic Firth American Classic, pas neuves mais sans éclat car jouées sur batterie électronique.
Qu’est-ce que je dois faire ?
Merci

Bonsoir,

Auriez vous à tout hasard du 7A?
Chez moi ça passe (en forçant un peu en faisant tourner la baguette) sur du 5A VicFirth.
Sinon, vous pouvez essayer de retirer la vis centrale sous la partie noire.
Dites moi

We are working a lot each days :slight_smile:
I do no try on this brand.
Would you have any chance some 7A models?
Otherwise you can try to remove the central screw under the black part and see if it’s better.

Sorry for that

Non, malheureusement je n’ai pas de 7A.
La vis ne change rien, elle était bien enfoncée et ne gênait pas.
Le feeling n’est pas tout à fait le même avec les 4 capteurs, mais aucun n’arrive à aller jusqu’au bout, j’ai peur que le plastique cède, ça coince assez vite. J’ai bien fait attention de les laisser se mettre à température ambiante pendant plusieurs heures.

Yup, there is no way I can get them on to my 5A’s without breaking the clips. I’m assuming the sensor needs to be further down the stick and won’t work well that high up? I cannot find a user manual in the box.

Normally you can slide the sensors all over the drumsticks.
Because it’s 5A that should work. Please, have a try with one sensor with rotating the stick at the same time as the sensor slides even if you think that should break.

Hi, I received mine today and I confirm that with Stagg 5a (not new but not very used too) it’s really difficult to slide the sensors.

Même en tournant c’est limite et j’ai peur de casser le plastique. Je comprends bien le besoin que le capteur ne soit pas projeté quand on joue mais vous devriez prévoir un système plus souple, avec des patins anti-glisse par exemple.

Drumicalement,
Fred

1 Like

Bonsoir,
Merci pour votre retour que nous prenons en compte.
Avez vous réussi ?

Je n’ai pas osé pousser trop ce qui fait que les capteurs sont très près de l’olive. Au pire je passerai un coup de papier de verre :sunglasses:

I tried sliding it on while twisting the stick, it got further but then the sensor’s plastic bodywork cracked open :frowning:

Bad news. Please send us an email to [email protected] with a picture of your drumsticks and the broken sensor.
Our support team will come back to you.

Hi,

I can confirm, the VIC FIRTH 5A are far too big to put the sensors on.
I will no longer try and try to get a 7A instead.

For V2 of the Senstroke, it would be nice to have an adjustable mount.

1 Like

Yes, 7A works for me.

1 Like

Yes same problem for me with 5A but luckily it’s working with my only one 7A :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good idea. We will !

Today, I got a pair of Vic Firth 7a… I would say, they don’t fit on them neither. It is very tight and to push them more then a couple of centimeters is really hard. I am afraid, the small plastic mount will break.

Please, have a try with one sensor with rotating the stick at the same time as the sensor slides even if you think that should break. Many of our clients succeed with this method, specially on 7A.
That’s hard, but the plastic won’t break.