iPhone XS Max/ Hi-Hat

Hello,
This is the same problem that @Momantai have.
We are gonna push a minor app update (this week), maybe that the bug we have fixed will fix this one too.
Jérôme

Hi
Do you have some updates for us?

We are late on the update, sorry. No news from the moment.

How’s the update coming along?

1 Like

We are waiting for the Apple validation.
Next week normally they should give us their go :crossed_fingers:t2:

New IOS update online !

More infos : [IOS] App Update 1.0.2

Good day,
I installed the latest version of the app. I started the app and it came up with a warning that I should update the firmware in my sensors or else…
But there is no new firmware version yet ?

What are the version of the app, the updater and the firmware I should have ?

Hi,
We pushed a new version of the firmware, you don’t need to update the Senstroke updater for that.
You can check the version of your firmware directly in the Senstroke Updater, the last one is the 0.1.6 with a really cool features (reload everywhere your last drumkit)

Cheers

I downloaded the app. Version 1.0.2
I already had the updater. Version 0.1.1
I wanted to update my sensors before using the new drumming app.

I started the updater.
The first page says 'Version 1.0.6" (version of the latest firmware I guess) in the left top corner. There is a button “Check Sensors”.
I switch on my sensors and click the button.

The 2nd page says “Version 0.0.1” (version of the app itself) and text in red there is a list (in white) that shows all my sensors with: “Senstroke Unknown Up to date”
When I click one of the lines in the list it starts to update a sensor.
This seems to work, BUT…

I run the updater a second time from scratch. Same procedure as above for the same sensors.When I DOUBLE-click one of the lines it says: “Senstroke 1.0.1 Up to date”. That should now be 1.0.6 (the sensors was already updated) ?

I repeated again with only one sensor. Each time I start the updater from scratch. It does not work if I don’t do that (Ok, you said so in the message).
It always shows a line: “Senstroke Unknown Up to date”.
Always when I SINGLE-click the app starts to update and completes 100%
Always when I DOUBLE-click it says: “Senstroke 1.0.1 Up to date”

In the (new) drumming app the hi-hat pedal still cannot be configured…
No matter what I try, it always wants me to use left/right hand instead of up/down foot for open/close.

1 Like

Hello,
Could you please remove the senstroke updater from your smartphone and install it from scratch please?
Do it works better?

I installed the updater from scratch. It works: All my sensors are now on firmware 1.0.6.

But the hihat configuration has not changed. It still wants left/right hand and not left foot up/down. When I use left hand, the text goes away as expected. Then I use the right hand and now it ends configuration with the message “could not configure”.

In PLAY the left foot produces the same sound as the sticks. I see the highlighted pedal moving. It moves going down and again moving up. Both times it gives a “sticks sound”.

Oh, by the way, the RIGHT foot is always active in PLAY mode (on bass drum). Even when I don’t configure it (and then it is not highlighted while on PLAY).

2 Likes

As a test I configured a kit using the app. Then I started Garageband (the app still running). All sticking works and Garageband gives good sounds. The kickdrum also works ok.

The hihat pedal seems to work as a “fast close action”, the sound is different from hitting with a stick and is more like what it should do. There is no different stick sound while holding foot up (open hihat) or foot down (closed hihat).

So I think the sensor works “as a stick” but produces another sound, not as an open/close indicator ?

2 Likes

@Momantai

We are actually working on this problem, we never saw it before, so it’s quite difficult to resolve, but we are on it :wink:
In Garageband, unfortunately, the opening of the hi-hat is not handled :confused:

I still have the problem where when I synchronise the sensors I still have the same problem with the hi hat that it requests that are use drumstick right left right left where the kick drum automatically recognises that sensor can you help

1 Like

@Michael The hi-hat problem is quite weird, we are not able to reproduce and resolve it at the moment. It is one of our main priorities and our developers are working on it :slight_smile:

You seem to have a lot of concentration for updating your firmware for android missing the fact to keep updating iOS. :thinking:

1 Like

Hi @Michael,

We are working both on Android and iOS app. A new update for iOS just came out by the way : [IOS] App Update 1.0.3

Another iOS update will follow very soon :wink:

Thanks a lot for your update and continuing support

I have exactly the same problem with the HiHat, for 4 long weeks now. It is Impossible to play properly whit these captors on the left foot. (I have 4 different sensors that I’ve tried to configure…).

Je vais continuer en fançais, il est très frustrant de ne pouvoir se servir correctement du pied charleston, en mode ouvert ou fermé, ou semi ouvert le son est exactement le même qu’importe l’approche.(son de frappe sur Charley du dessus fermée). Mais le problème vient certainement je pense de la configuration, comme Michael ou une autre personne dont je ne me souviens plus du nom, lors de la configuration du pied Charley, la logique voudrait qu’Il soit préciser pied levé ou posé pour simuler les diverses ouvertures du charley, mais il est juste demandé de taper avec main droite en premier et main gauche.
J’ai essayé toutes sortes de combinaisons. Pied levé en frappant, puis fermé etc…
J’ai essayé aussi d’appairer à zéro les capteurs, supprimer les 2 app puis les réinstaller etc… et rien n’y fait.
Juste l’impression de perdre mon temps.
Après une expérience livraison des plus lentes, (logistique livraison pas au top, j’ai dû relancer deux fois), je n’arrive toujours pas à apprécier Senstroke qui semble pourtant fantastique sur papier.
Très frustrant comme expérience pour le moment. J’espère sincèrement que des updates arriveront plus rapidement pour profiter du produit.

De plus je souhaite préciser comme j’ai pu lire ici ou là par certain sur le forum, que l’app updater laisse à désirer… comme un sentiment de produit non fini ou ultra bugé. L’update fortement conseillée à été un calvaire, en essayant d’updater le firmware des capteurs un à un, la plupart du temps l’app freezait, le spin loader tournant à l’infini sans aucun changement. Même parfois après avoir relancé plusieurs fois l’app. Avec bcp de patience j’en suis arrivé à bout.
J’attend patiemment une nouvelle update iOS en espérant qu’elle règle les
problèmes de la Charley.

Dernier point qui peut peut être aidé des personnes face aux
Latences : ne pas jouer avec un casque non filaire, les capteurs communiquant avec l’application en Bluetooth, les casques wireless Bluetooth ne suivent pas… perte de rapidité via l’appareil utilisé. La latence se faisant sacrément sentir. Mais ça semble plutôt logique.
Par contre sans casque, via le speaker de l’iPhone pourtant pas des plus récents, c’est très réactif pareil avec un casque ordinaire (fil). Si ça peut aider certains …

cordialement,
Fabrice.

Bonjour Fabrice,

Je vous remercie pour votre message. Nous sommes tout à fait conscient que le problème du charleston est vraiment gênant car vous ne pouvez pas profiter pleinement de la gestion de la pédale.
Sachez que ce bug est vraiment sur notre liste des priorités. Nous n’arrivons malheureusement pas à le reproduire malgré nos nombreux tests c’est ce qui est problématique. C’est pour cela que nous n’avons pas encore apporté de correctif. Nous travaillons actuellement sur une nouvelle fonctionnalité IOS (changement depuis l’interface des rôles des capteurs) qui devrait par la même occasion corriger ce bug.
Auriez-vous la possibilité de nous faire une capture vidéo de votre application lorsque le bug apparait svp ? Quel est votre modèle de téléphone ?

En ce qui concerne l’application de l’Updater nous travaillons également en ce moment à sa refonte. Nous étions tellement enthousiastes avec les nouveaux firmwares que nous avons proposé la mise à jour malgré une application qui n’est pas très ergonomique je vous l’accorde.

Nous nous nourrissons de tous vos retours et c’est grâce à vous que nous nous améliorons.
J’espère que malgré tout vous êtes satisfait de votre achat et sachez que nos équipes travaillent d’arrache pied pour vous proposer des mises à jours qui amélioreront l’ergonomie, les bugs avec de nouvelles fonctionnalités.

A votre dispo

Jérôme

In english

Thank you for your message. We are very conscious that the hi-hat problem is really embarrassing because you can’t take full advantage of the pedal features.
Please make sure that this bug is really on our priority list. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce it despite our many tests, which is what is problematic. That is why we have not yet made any fix. We are currently working on a new IOS feature (change sensor role into the app) and we hope that should also fix this bug.
Would you have the possibility to make a video capture of your application when the bug appears, please? What is your phone model?

Concerning the updater, we are also currently working on. We were so enthusiastic with the new firmwares that we proposed the update despite an ergonomic application, you true.

We get all your feedback and help us to improve the apps.
I hope that despite these problems you are happy with our company and know that our teams are working hard to offer you updates that will improve ergonomics, bugs and give you new features.

Best Regards